Botanical Body Care Products: An online certification program
Empowering you to create plant-based personal care products.
Watch video to learn more…….
Join us for this multimedia based certification program designed to empower you in creating botanical body care products. The School for Aromatic Studies has put together one of the most comprehensive online courses to learn how to make 100% natural organic personal care products ranging from cleansers and toners to body butters and salves. You will also learn how to incorporate Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) to ensure the longevity of your business. Enhance your business, practice and life!
Get Started today!
Details about the Botanical Body Care Products Online Certification Course
The Botanical Body Care Products Online Certification Program is a comprehensive program for those seeking to formulate their own botanical body care product line. No previous Aromatherapy training is required! We’ve found that students of the Botanical Body Care Products certification course are primarily interested in:
- Developing a body care products line
- Enhance and build upon existing formulation knowledge
- Creating a range of botanical body care products
- Simply learning more about how to make beautiful plant-based products!
Online Botanical Body Care Products Certificate Course Outline
Module One: Introduction and Manufacturing Forms
Getting Started, Your Supplies, Tools of the Trade, Readings, Receiving Order Forms, Product Manufacturing Forms
Module Two: GMP & Labeling Requirements
Good Manufacturing Practices & Labeling Requirements, GMP Readings, Discussion GMP’s
Module Three: The Skin
Understanding the Skin, The Health of the Skin, Skin Types
Module Four: The Ingredient Palette
Your Ingredient Palette, The Essential Oil Palette, Essential Oil Safety, Dermal Limits for Essential Oils and Components, Blending & Essential Oils, The Vegetable Oil Palette, Vegetable Oils in the Formulation Process, The Herbal Oil Palette, Manufacturing Your Own Herbal Oils, The Hydrosol Palette, Manufacturing Your Own Hydrosols, The Herbal Extract Palette, Manufacturing Your Own Herbal Extracts, The Butter and Wax Palette, The Gum and Thickener Palette, The Surfactant Palette, Miscellaneous Material
Module Five: Product Formulation
Foundations of Formulating, Following GMP’s, Equipment Needs Based Upon Product, Understanding Measurements and Dilutions, Practical Exercises, Reference Charts for Formulating, Calculations and Spread Sheets
Module Six: Oil-Based Products
Formulating Oil-Based Products, Body Oils, Sample Body Oil Formulations, Facial Elixirs/Serums, Sample Facial Oil Formulations, Body Butters, Sample Body Butter Formulations, Body and Lip Balms, Sample Balm Formulations, Salves, Sample Salve Formulations, Practical exercises throughout module.
Module Seven: Water-Based Products
Formulating Water-Based Products, Preservatives for Products Containing Water, Body and Facial Cleansers, Sample Cleanser Formulations, Toners, Sample Toner Formulations, Creams and Lotions, Sample Lotion Formulations, Sample Cream Formulations, Gels, Sample Gel Formulations, Practical exercises throughout module.
Module Eight: Exfoliants, Clays and Powders
Formulation Introduction, The Exfoliant Palette, The Clay Palette, The Powder Palette, Manufacturing Your Own Powders (Think Local Fruits and Vegetables!), Body Scrubs, Sample Body Scrub Formulations, Facial Exfoliants, Sample Facial Exfoliant Formulations, Clay masks, Sample Clay Formulations, Practical exercises throughout module.
Module Nine: SPROUT
Formulating Based on Skin Types, Formulating Seasonal Care Products, Practical exercises
Module Ten: Resources
Supplies Resources, Resource – Associations and Certifications, Other Resources
Module Eleven: Completion
How to Complete this Course, Submit Paper, Graduate Directory Listing
What you will learn:
- How to create unique botanical skin care products from the lens of an aromatherapist.
- Over 24+ monographs on essential oils including palettes based upon therapeutic effects and aroma.
- The Vegetable Oil Palette – 30+ unique vegetable oil monographs.
- The value of good manufacturing practices.
- How to keep good records: from receiving inventory to creating product.
- How to formulate oil-based and water-based products utilizing diverse botanical palettes
- How to formulate water based products utilizing diverse botanical palettes
Who is this course for?
Everyone interested in deepening their botanical body care formulation skills! This course is your doorway into the world of botanical body care products. Whether you are adding to your aromatherapy body care product line, just beginning or just interested in learning how to make products for yourself, your family, and friends.
- The Aromatherapy Entrepreneur who would like to develop or expand their existing business.
- Aromatherapy practitioners seeking to expand their offerings to their clients and community.
- Massage Therapists and Estheticians who would like to add aromatherapy into their practice.
- Herbalists interested in integrating a wide range of body care products into their herbal practice and product offerings.
- Home-schooling parents who would love to learn about and create homemade body care products with their children.
- Parents who would like to be empowered to care for themselves, their family and friends with natural plant-based remedies.
- Individuals interested in teaching other how to make their own botanical skincare products.