Babys Bottom Salve
Here is a great recipe for a baby’s bottom salve. Although it was rare for my son to have an issues with a dry or irritated bottom, it did happen at least once or twice and this is the salve that really helped!
To make 2 – 2 ounce jars.
- 1/8 cup Lavender herbal oil (infused in Organic Olive Oil)
- 1/8 cup Calendula herbal oil (infused in Organic Olive Oil)
- 1/4 ounce of beeswax
- 3 drops Roman chamomile essential oil (Chamamelum nobile)
- 4 drops Lavender essential oil (Lavandula angustifolia)
**Please note: you really don’t need to add essential oils into this as it is quite effective without them but can be a nice addition.
How to make:
- Have your herbal oils pre-made and ready for use.
- In a double boiler or 8 cup pyrex cup, place beeswax. Gently melt down.
- Just before the beeswax it completely melted down, add in herbal oils.
- Stir well with a stainless steel fork.
- Remove upper pot or pyrex measuring cup from bottom pan. Wipe all moisture from sides and bottom of container.
- Set on table. Add in essential oils and stir until well combined.
- Pour mixture into sanitized jars.
- Cap jars and let sit to harden.
- Once hardened, remove caps. Place jars on baking sheet.
- Turn your oven broiler on.
- Place baking sheet with jars in oven for about 2 seconds (up to five seconds). This will melt the tops a little so that when they harden back up they are all smooth!
- Set aside to harden. Cap. Label.
- Ready for sale.