What the course will cover:
- Theories of Education; What makes an effective and inspiring teacher?
- Teaching Styles and Methods; Who is your audience? What’s the most effective style to reach them; Instructional Practices.
- Creating your teaching space/classroom
- How to organize learning materials so students get the most out of your classes
- How to create an inspiring The Lesson Plan
- Course supplies and resources.
- Explore different learning styles and behaviors
- Skills to listen and recognize students’ unique contributions, gifts and different ways of absorbing information.
- Teaching tools; visuals, activities, group and partnering work
- How to teach an essential oil: Jades signature approach
- Ways in which to connect to aromatic plants in the class room
- How to handle challenging personalities, and tips to encourage and inspire action.
- Teaching the Essential Wellness and Essential Therapeutic courses: presentations and customizing lesson plans.
- The business of teaching; Marketing, Legalities, Pricing
- Experiential teaching exercises throughout course.
Who should take this course?
Aromatherapists looking to start an Aromatherapy School.
- Learn what it takes to set up your own Aromatherapy School, for in-person and online classes.
Holistic Wellness Professionals, and Aromatherapy Entrepreneurs looking to expand their business offerings.
- Learn how to design and market introductory short form aromatherapy classes for corporate events, arts and wellness venues and private parties.
Organic Beauty Brand Owners looking to train and educate their sales and administrative teams.
- Learn how to design and structure introductory essential oil educational materials to be used for training team members of wellness and beauty brands.
Aromatherapists looking to teach introductory short form Aromatherapy Classes to friends, family and sales networks.
- Learn the simple steps you need to design and teach fun and exciting Aromatherapy Classes that will have your students wanting more!
Can I take the online course if I live in a different country and am on a different time schedule?
Yes. The class is an online course with prerecorded videos, lessons, and worksheets.
How long will I have access to the online Teacher Training program?
Students of the Aromatic Studies Aromatherapy Teacher Training Certification course will have lifetime access to the online course. Our vision is to cultivate a vibrant community of aromatherapy teachers who continue to grow and support one another and remain on top of leading topics in the field of aromatherapy education.
Are there prerequisites?
Yes. To attend the Aromatherapy Teacher Training Program (Level 1), you need to have completed a Foundations of Aromatherapy training. A foundations level training from any school approved by NAHA is good too!
Is this a Certification Course and are there levels?
Yes! We have designed a two level aromatherapy teacher training program. You can take just the Level One or continue to gain your level 2 aromatherapy teacher training certificate.
Can I earn CE hours?
Yes, our Aromatherapy Teacher Training program is approved by the NCBTMB for 35 CE hours. This program also qualifies for 35 CE hours through the National Association for Holistic Aromatherapy (NAHA).
What is included in the Aromatherapy Teacher Training Program?
In addition to the online course itself, you will recieve 40 basic essential oil monographs for you to use in your classes, sample class ideas, and Jades signature Essential Wellness and Essential Therapeutics courses to customize to your 'brand'.
You will also receive a 1 hour session with Jade to review your class design from our class exercise.
What do I need to do to complete certification?
Each student will need to complete the following to successfully complete the Teacher Training Program (Level One):
- Design a short class (exact exercise will be handed out during class).
- Complete all lessons in course.
Will I be able to teach certification course?
The main emphasis of the Level One Aromatherapy Teacher Training certification program is on community education. This is by far the largest area of growth for aromatherapy education.
The Level One Aromatherapy Teacher Training Certificate course has been designed to teach individuals how to create community education. You will leave being able to teach the "Essential Wellness" and "Essential Therapeutics" courses along with the ability to design and teach 2 - 3 hour presentations to a full day class.
This course also serves as the foundations for all instructors to be certified with the School for Aromatic Studies. Our Level Two Aromatherapy Teacher Training certification program will teach students how to teach certification classes. We feel that a year of teaching 2-3 hour classes and 8 hour classes will provide the teacher with the necessary foundation and skills to then move into teaching full certification courses.
Jade Shutes is an aromatherapist, herbalist, author, researcher, gardener, and aromatic distiller.
She holds a Diploma in Holistic Aromatherapy, Holistic Massage, Anatomy and Physiology, and Reflexology from the Raworth College of Natural Medicine in Dorking, UK, and a Diploma in Aromatherapy from the International Therapist Examining Board (ITEC). She also holds a certificate in herbal medicine.
An aromatherapy practitioner, researcher, and educator for over three decades, Jade is passionate about aromatics and believes the sense of smell is one of the most powerful senses for healing the mind/body/psyche in this era of upheaval and change. She is considered a thought leader in the aromatherapy community and is highly respected for her balanced, progressive, and inspiring education.
Jade is the founder and visionary of the School for Aromatic Studies. She is the past president for the National Association for Holistic Aromatherapy (2000-2003 and 2013-2015), author of “Aromatherapy for Bodyworkers”, co-author of “The Carrier Oil Palette”, and the main author (85-90%) of the “Ultimate Guide to Aromatherapy".
To learn more about Jade, visit here!