Date and Time:
Sunday, June 30th, 2019
10:00 am – 2:00 pm EST
THIS IS AN IN-PERSON EVENT HELD AT
NY Institute of Aromatic Studies
530 East 13th Street
New York, NY 10009
Have you ever wondered how the distillation process works? Most often, the most beneficial way is to roll up your sleeves and get dirty: doing, engaging and interacting. Join Amy Anthony at this intimate workshop to participate in a distillation where the plant material will be sourced from Amy’s gardens but the actual distillation will done in the heart of the East Village at the New York Institute of Aromatic Studies!
Look forward to:
- Help preparing the plant material
- Watching the preparation of the still
- Smelling and tasting the distillate as it emerges through the process so you intimately understand chemistry in-action
- Learning about facets of distillation process, techniques, resources and personal mishaps and successes
- Taking home some of the distillate with you to enjoy alone or in concoctions like creams or facial toners you may prepare yourself!
Come see why people have been mesmerized by distillation for centuries; you may walk away never looking at a plant, essential oil or hydrosol the same way again.
Cancellation Policy: For all workshops/ classes, you must notify us in writing 2 weeks prior to the class start date that you will no longer be able to attend or are looking to move to another date and we will refund or credit you for the class. If it is within the 2 week period prior to the class, you will not be refunded or credited. All classes are non-transferable.
*Must be 18 or older to attend.