Wednesday, March 27th | 9:30 am – 5:00 pm EST
NY Institute of Aromatic Studies
530 East 13th Street
New York, NY 10009
With Amy Galper
Water Based Ingredients and Formulations
Have you ever wondered about how to make a cream or lotion so it doesn’t separate, or spoil? Are you curious about all the ingredients that are needed to make a luxurious emulsion?
In this one day intensive, explore and get hands-on experience testing out the palette of ingredients found in Creams and Lotions (emulsions), and learn the details of their functional and therapeutic properties, along with their scientific components; Observe how they feel on your skin and blend together with essential oils, to create innovative and beautiful botanical beauty products for face and body.
- Learn the art and craft of formulating a cream.
- Focus on both the water and oil components of the formula.
- Explore a palette of emulsifiers, and understand the science of how they work.
- Focus on preservative systems accepted by global standards for natural and clean beauty products.
- Learn both cold and heated emulsifications.
- Practice GMPs.
- Stability testing, pH testing.
- Leave with sample products.
This class is part of our Executive Entrepreneur Program. Be sure to check it out for more info and packaged deals!
Cancellation Policy: For all workshops/ classes, you must notify us in writing 2 weeks prior to the class start date that you will no longer be able to attend or are looking to move to another date and we will refund or credit you for the class. If it is within the 2 week period prior to the class, you will not be refunded or credited. All classes are non-transferable.