Aromatic Scholars: A Comprehensive Aromatherapy Certification Program has been designed for natural health practitioners, spa specialists, natural health business owners/entrepreneurs, herbalists, massage therapists, estheticians, nurses, healthcare providers, and for individuals interested in advancing their knowledge and application of aromatherapy in their business and/or home. It provides 350 hours (inclusive of 100 hours of Anatomy and Physiology) of training and is one of the most advanced aromatherapy education programs available awarding you the ability to call yourself a ‘Certified Clinical Aromatherapist‘ (CCA) or ‘Certified Aromatherapy Practitioner‘ (CAP) or ‘Certified Holistic Aromatherapy Practitioner‘ (CHAP).
Graduates of the Aromatic Scholars Certification Program may obtain professional or business membership with the National Association for Holistic Aromatherapy (NAHA).
This is an advanced level class. Aroma101/Foundations or equivalent training is a prerequisite.
What’s it like studying online with the School for Aromatic Studies? You can explore how our online platform works by registering for our FREE Introduction to Aromatherapy.
Our Free Introduction to Aromatherapy comes with 12 instructional videos, just like this one (click to go to video):
Course Overview: Core Topics
- Advanced Botany: Chemotypes, Morphology and Species
- Advanced Essential Oil Monographs
- Aromatic Applications for the Skin
- Aromas and the Mind
- The Practice of Aromatherapy
- Advanced Aromatic Chemistry
- Integrating Aromatic Medicine in Home and Traditional Healthcare settings
- Aromatherapy Case Studies
- Aromatherapy Paper (topic of your choice based upon your interest)
View PDF file of Aromatic Scholars Complete Outline
How do I become certified with the Aromatic Scholars: Aromatherapy Certificate Program?
In order to receive the School for Aromatic Studies Advanced certification, students must:
- Complete all modules and lessons in the Aromatic Scholars program.
- Complete 14 case studies on family, friends, self, or existing and willing clients.
- Write a 8-10 page paper on a subject of your choice.
- Send in final exam, final paper and 14 case studies.
This program is approved for 350 hours of Certified Aromatherapy Education and offers 56 CE hours for Massage therapists as approved by the NCBTMB.
Upon successful completion of Aromatic Scholars Aromatherapy Certification program you will be able to:
- Fully integrate aromatherapy into an existing practice or into ones life!
- Create an aromatherapy based business
- Care for self, family and others utilizing essential oils
- Expand and deepen your knowledge and application of aromatherapy
- Become a Registered Aromatherapist
- Design and create a range of aromatherapeutic products
Career opportunities for graduates of the Aromatic Scholars Certification Program:
What are the School for Aromatic Studies graduates doing?
- Creating dynamic therapeutic aromatherapy products and/or organic body care lines
- Designing and creating botanical perfumes
- Establishing on-line website stores selling aromatic and herbal products
- Educating the public and healthcare practitioners about aromatherapy
- Writing articles for aromatherapy magazines, online publications and health magazines
- Integrating aromatherapy into an existing practice to enhance client health
Course Enrollment Information
- The Aromatic Scholars Certification exclusive training material (updated 2015!) designed and written by Jade Shutes.
- Full Monographs of over 60 essential oils.
- Discounts on essential oils from our wonderful suppliers.
- Review of case studies, final paper, and exam.
- Certificate and CE hours for massage therapists and registered aromatherapists.
- Student kits and/or supplies to be purchased separately.
- Material covered Aromatic Scholars of all material covered in the Aromatic Scholars program.
Payment plans are available. Initial deposit of $500. is due at time of registration to begin the Aromatic Scholars Certification program. Then, monthly direct payment of $500. for two months.
A Foundations aromatherapy certificate program or similar training/experience is recommended.