The Aromas and the Mind Certification program has been designed for massage therapists, estheticians, nurses, healthcare providers and individuals interested in exploring the psychological and physiological impact of aromas on the mind.
This is an advanced level training program and is a module from our Aromatic Scholars Certification program. A Foundations level training is recommended but not required.
See our new online platform:
Course Overview: Core Topics
- Exploring our sense of smell
- The Nervous and Endocrine systems
- Essential oil therapeutics for the nervous and endocrine systems
- Understanding how essential oils work on the nervous and endocrine system
- The Immune system
- Stress and immunity
- Up to date Research on essential oils and components for the mind/body
- Psychoneuroimmunology (an integrated view of the nervous, endocrine and immune systems)
- Aromatherapy and the immune system
- The Anatomy and Nature of Olfaction
- The Limbic system and potential benefits of olfactory aromatherapy
- Olfaction, perception, and response
- Aromatics, olfaction, and emotion
- Understanding stress
- Stress and health
- The Relaxation response
- Designing an aromatic treatment program for stress
- An Enhanced Exploration of Morphology blending technique
- Aromas and the Mind case studies
Upon successful completion of Aromas and the Mind you will be able to:
- Explain the general roles/functions of the nervous and endocrine systems.
- Discuss various research on the effects of essential oils on the nervous and endocrine systems.
- Describe how essential oils support and enhance the immune system.
- Describe the autonomic nervous system: its functions and its role in stress.
- Describe the impact of stress on body/mind/spirit wellness.
- Create a wide range of aromatic products for psychological well-being.
- Utilize the Morphology blending technique to blend for emotional purposes.
- Appreciate the power of our sense of smell.
- Enhance ones relationship with the natural world.
Course Enrollment Information
- Exclusive Aromas and the Mind ™ certificate manual designed and written by Jade Shutes
- Lifetime access to course material
- Email/phone tutorial support
- Review of case studies and final exam.
- Certificate for Aromas and the Mind – 75 hours.
- CE hours for massage therapists and registered aromatherapists.
How do I become certified with the Aromas and the Mind Certificate Program?
In order to receive the School for Herbal and Aromatic Studies certification, students must:
- Complete all modules and lessons in the Aromas and the Mind certificate program.
- Complete 7 case studies on family, friends, self, or existing and willing clients.
- Complete all review quizzes and final exam.
This program is approved by the NCBTMB for 32 CE Hours for massage therapists and 75 hours for RA (Registered Aromatherapist) practitioners.
Anyone may register for this class. A Foundations level aromatherapy education is recommended but not required.