The Advanced Aromatic Chemistry Certificate program has been designed for massage therapists, estheticians, nurses, healthcare providers and individuals interested in advancing their knowledge and applications of the chemistry of essential oils. It is a self-paced, self study program devoted to uncovering the science that supports the therapeutic efficacy of essential oils in a wide range of settings.
This is an advanced aromatherapy education program. A Foundations aromatherapy certification program is recommended but not required.
Course Overview: Core Topics
- Aromatic Plants and Chemistry
- Organic Chemistry Overview
- The Biosynthesis of Essential Oil Constituents
- Chemistry: Its place in our field
- In-depth coverage of research on components found in essential oils and how this supports the therapeutic activity of essential oils.
- Synergism in Essential Oils
- Understanding the Structure-Energy System
- Up-to-date research on the pharmacological activity of a wide range of components commonly found in essential oils.
Upon successful completion of the Aromatic Chemistry Certification program, you will be able to:
- Define what a plant is.
- Define the term Organic chemistry.
- Explain the two main types of chemical bonding.
- List and describe the families of organic compounds and their general therapeutic properties.
- Specify the principal biosynthetic pathways which produce specific organic compounds.
- Discuss a wide range of isolated chemical components that contribute to the therapeutic action of individual essential oils.
- List examples of individual constituents under each chemical family and its potential therapeutic action.
- Map individual essential oils to create a Structure/Function biograms .
- Develop a blend based upon the chemistry of essential oils.
- Explain why a specific essential oil was chosen based upon its chemistry.
- Create a wide range of therapeutic products based upon your knowledge the chemistry of essential oils.
How do I become certified with the Aromatic Chemistry Certificate program?
In order to receive the School for Aromatic Studies certification, students must:
- Complete all modules and lessons.
- Complete all review quizzes throughout course.
- Complete 12 essential oil chemical biograms.
- Complete 5 case studies. (3 hours per client = 15 hours)
- Complete final exam.
This program is approved by the NCBTMB for 14 CE Hours for massage therapists, 75 hours for Professional or Clinical Aromatherapists and 75 hours of training.
Course Enrollment Information
Tuition: $ 300.
- Exclusive online Advanced Aromatic Chemistry manual written by Jade Shutes
- Life time access to the Aromatic Chemistry online program designed and written by Jade Shutes
- Email/phone tutorial support
- Review of case studies, biograms and exam.
- Certificate for Advanced Aromatic Chemistry (75 hours)
- CE hours for massage therapists (14 hours) and registered aromatherapists (75 hours).
- Student kits and/or supplies to be purchased separately.
Open to all who are interested in advancing their knowledge and therapeutic application of essential oils.