Do you want to deepen your relationship with plants and learn their language?
Why this Course?
- If you are an aromatherapist or herbalist and work with plant medicines, it is important to develop an ongoing “conversation” with the plants that you are working with.
- Enhance your practice by re-learning how to connect with and learn from plants, which our ancestors practiced intuitively.
- When we are ‘in relationship’ with Nature, we are much more likely to respect and protect it.
- This course will teach you to learn from plants and what they know, not just about plants and what they do for us.
Plants and trees were here for millions of years before us. They are part of our outer and inner landscapes. We have grown and evolved from them. Deep down we have always known how to co-exist harmoniously and creatively with them. Now we are going to re-remember.
“For a long time now we have been unable to remember our former closeness with the earth—due to this amnesia, the ecological problems now thrust upon us have come as a shock…we notice the emergence of an amnesia that is really a double forgetting, wherein a culture forgets, and then forgets that it has forgotten how to live in harmony with the planet.” Paul Devereux
“It is not enough to see plants as a commodity, i.e. a bundle of chemical constituents with specific actions. Our relationship must go deeper and recognize the ‘aliveness’ of our healing partners.”
Online Intuitive Plant Communication
Certificate Course Outline
Introduction to Plant Communication
Course Welcome from Cathy, Getting Started, The Background Story, Sprout: Journaling
Our Relationship to Nature
Introduction to Plant Communication, Introduction to Our Relationship with Nature, Lesson 1: The Situation As It Is, Lesson 2: How earth-centered Cultures Relate to the Natural World?, Lesson 3: Feeling the Whole, Lesson 4: Ley-lines, the Wouivre and Song Lines, Lesson 5: Artemis and Honoring the Wild Feminine, Lesson 6: Do Plants Have Self-Awareness?
Plants and Human
Introduction to Plants and Humans, Sprout: Interview with Florian Birkmayer, Lesson 1: Plants as Intelligent Beings, Lesson 2: Plants as Sensory Beings, Lesson 3: Plants as Our Ancestors, Lesson 4: The Doctrine of Signatures, Lesson 5: Holistic Seeing and Being, Lesson 6: The Molecules of Connectedness, Lesson 7: The Etheric Body
Intuitive Plant Communication
Introduction to Intuitive Plant Communication, Preface: Some Basic Guidelines for Successful Plant Communication, Lesson 1: Introduction to the Method, Lesson 2: Preparing the Method, Lesson 3: Perceiving Place Through Our Senses, Lesson 4: Direct Perception, Lesson 5: Opening the Heart Doorway, Lesson 6: The Energetic Field of a Plant, Lesson 7: The Stages of Plant Communication, Lesson 8: Barriers to Plant Communication, Lesson 9: Remembering a Plant’s Tonality, Lesson 10: Connecting with Plants at a Distance, Lesson 11: Plant Teachings
Trees as Healers
Introduction to Trees as Healers, Lesson 1: Tree Wisdom, Lesson 2: Connecting with Trees, Lesson 3: Tree Teachings, Lesson 4: Grounding
Introduction: Plant Medicine, Lesson 1: Plant Medicine Making, Lesson 2: The Art of Making Offerings, Lesson 3: Co-creating a Garden with Nature
What you will learn:
- You will learn a practical, working method to intuitively connect with plants and trees.
- You will learn the common language that has always existed between man and plants
- You will develop your own personal wisdom and unique path hand in hand with the natural world through a wide variety of exercises and experiences.
- You will gain a deeper understanding of plant consciousness.
Below are some of the major themes that will be covered in this course:
- How Indigenous wisdom and ancient earth cults can help us today.
- Nature and our psyches – ourselves as an integral part of nature and the importance of this in terms of health and vitality.
- The ecological crisis and the need to reconnect with the earth.
- Our deep link and dependance on plant life.
- How plants are our ancestors, alive in the memory of our cells.
- Plants as sensory and intelligent beings.
- The common language between plants and ourselves, including:
- The collective unconscious and plant consciousness
- The collective soul of plants
- The five barriers to successful plant communication and how to overcome them.
- Opening the heart doorway, the portal for soul to soul communication.
- Trees as masters. What trees know. Working with tree wands and tree calendars.
- Plant communication, plant harvesting and medicine making.
“Plato introduces in his works the mediating importance of soul or that part of ourselves that not only bears life but is the bridge between the sensible and the intelligible”
Who is this course for?
- Anyone who wants to develop a more intuitive approach to their relationship with plants through a coherent framework and tried and tested pedagogic exercises.
- Herbalists and aromatherapists who feel that they need to go further into relationship and connection with the plants they work with.
- Educators and therapists who desire to develop wilderness work and help students and clients reconnect with nature.
This online course is self-paced. Begin as soon as you sign up!
*Supplies not included.
For a complete listing of material covered in course, please click here
We offer a money-back guarantee!
If you're not satisfied, we'll refund your full tuition within 7 days of enrollment.
Our Online Intuitive Plant Communication Certification Program comes with:
- 8 modules, 31 lessons devoted to cultivating your relationship to and with plants.
- 37 exclusive audio recordings
- Two exclusive 15-minute videos
- Student forum to share experiences and learn together!
- Student support and interaction with Cathy Skipper for the first 12 months.
I really enjoy learning about plants from Cathy. Something she said once really stuck with me. It was the recollection of her saying she believes the future of plant medicine will simply entail us sitting with the plants and asking for healing (that is my recollection anyway), and I connected with that concept on a deep level. I would describe this course as connecting with plants on an energetic level, using our neglected senses and an open heart.
This course has exceeded anything I could have hoped for. I’ve had all these disparate threads running through my adult life – previous and current aromatherapy work, shamanic and Andean mysticism training, Sacred Feminine, working with the Eros/Psyche myth, etc. Sometimes they would cross each other, but never form a pattern. This course is helping to weave these various threads to form a pattern.
I slipped in sideways. I had known of Findhorn for years and more recently Perelandra. I like the devas and Nature Spirits. But I wanted to communicate with the plants so when I saw this I went for it. I cannot think of another title that does ‘what it says on the tin’. How would I explain the course? Losing your mind and all your mental ideas to open to feeling all the different energies found in the natural world. Not easy at times…Oh forgot why it is important. In our world who bothers much with anything other than internet reality. We have to have some way to show all of nature is an intelligent and feeling entity that is more attractive than we ever thought. We need its help to survive on the most basic level. Nature can survive superbly without us but we are in grave peril of extinction and need to be shaken back into nature’s sanity. At least if we can communicate together we may have a hope.
I have been anticipating this course offering since the NAHA conference in October. This is in perfect alignment with my vision for my future practice- helping to reconnect people to Nature’s wisdom while supporting health and wellness through her gifts of essential oils and herbs. Thank you, Cathy!
Meet Your Plant Communication Instructor
Cathy, is English by birth and spent her adult life in rural France, where she farmed, trained and worked as a herbalist and aromatherapist and taught practical herbalism, botany and aromatherapy at the L’Ecole Lyonnaise de Plantes Medicinales’ in Lyon. She also participated for four years in an experimental approach to energetic healing called ‘Life cell’ under French Kinesiologist, Caroline Gupta. Her plant training in France included a two year course with Claude Lefebvre on Plant Communication. She left France last year to live and work in New Mexico with her partner Florian Birkmayer.
Cathy’s own work involves building bridges between aromatic medicine and herbalism as well as recognizing the importance of healing the healer and reconnecting with nature. In her teaching she marries, theory, practical work and energetics with an underlying intention of helping students develop an intuitive relationship between themselves, the plant/essential oil and the patient as an impetus for healing.
Her work with Florian is centralized around the work of Carl Jung and the psyche, aromatic molecules and the mind.
Cathy is co-author of the book, Aromatic Medicine.
She also teaches a course on hydrosols and distillation online.