Certificate in French Aromatic Studies
An seven module course designed for individuals interested in becoming certified in Foundations of Aromatherapy. *This course includes information about the French approach to aromatherapy but is not intended to replace the full certification in French Aromatherapy.
Introduction to Course and the Basics of Aromatherapy. Review of history and language of aromatherapy.
Exploring Essential Oils
In this module we will cover everything from what essential oils are, how they are extracted, safety, and the basics of the chemistry of essential oils. 24 Exclusive monographs of Young Living essential oils will be covered.
Pathways into the Body
During this module, you will learn about the skin and olfaction as the core pathways onto and into the body for essential oils.
Methods of Applications
In this module, we will cover a variety of different methods of application commonly used in traditional aromatherapy practice. You will learn how to formulate body & facial oils, cleansers & toners, aromatic baths, spritzers & scrubs, inhalers & diffuser synergies, gels and salves.
French Aromatherapy - An Introduction
In this module you will learn how French Aromatherapy differs from Traditional English Aromatherapy. Internal use of essential oils along with other methods of application will be covered as an introduction to the full French Aromatherapy certification course.
How to Formulate and Blend
Throughout this module, you will learn how to perform an Aromatherapy Consultation and then formulate aromatic remedies.
Aromatics for Health and Wellness
Which essential oils should one use for ......? In this module, we will share a variety of formulations designed to work on different systems of the body.
How to Complete Program, About Case Studies, Submit Case Studies, Foundations Final Exam
Advance Your Studies
Learn about other educational opportunities to advance your knowledge and practice of aromatherapy. Special offers will be provided!
This is a Level One Certification Course!
This immersion course is designed to fulfill the National Association for Holistic Aromatherapy, Level One Certification Standards. Upon graduation from the program, you will be eligible to become an Aromatherapy Advocate. Please see: NAHA Membership and NAHA Standards of Education. To become fully certified as well as a professional member of NAHA, you will need to complete our Aromatic Scholars program. See Special Offers in Advance Your Education.
What you will learn
Along with being empowered to make beautiful aromatic and therapeutic products for yourself, your family, friends, and/or existing clients, you will also be able to:
- Discuss the history of aromatherapy and its modern development.
- Compare and contrast a true essential oil with a fragrance oil.
- Identify key elements in determining the quality of an essential oil.
- Understand and discuss methods of production and the various end products these methods produce.
- Identify the origins and purpose of an essence in a plant.
- Define what an essential oil is and how it is produced.
- Demonstrate knowledge of 24 essential oils, including Latin binomial, safety information, and key therapeutic and/or energetic properties of each individual essential oil.
- Understand current up-to- date information on safety and essential oils.
- Describe the basic physiology of the skin and its key functions.
- Formulate beautiful aromatic products to nourish the skin.
- Understand our wondrous sense of smell.
- Create blends to support emotional well-being.
- Describe the French approach to aromatherapy and understand different methods of application.
- Understand how the chemistry of an essential oil supports its therapeutic properties.
- Assess your needs for advanced education in aromatherapy.
- Develop clear career goals and a path to become an Aromatherapist.
Who is this course for?
Everyone! This course is an immersion course for Foundations of Aromatherapy with an introduction to French Aromatherapy.
Please Note: This course does not replace our French Aromatherapy course. It is designed to introduce the French Aromatherapy approach, but does not cover internal use in-depth.
What the course includes
- 7 Modules representing Foundations of Aromatherapy Certification.
- Exclusive Audio and Video Content.
- Certification for Level One as approved by the National Association for Holistic Aromatherapy.
- Lifetime Access to Course!