Everything you ever wanted to know about carrier oils, herbal oils, CO2 extracts (in the carrier oil palette), and butters for essential oils and aromatherapy!
The Carrier Oil Palette online workshop will inspire, empower, and cultivate your relationship with unique base oils that can enhance the therapeutic potential of essential oils and other aromatic extracts! Join us for this in-depth look at the carrier oil palette.
The Carrier Oil Palette Workshop
Certificate Course Outline
Introduction to the Carrier Oil Palette
We will begin our journey with defining the carrier oil palette, the therapeutic benefits of oils, extraction methods and how refining affects quality of carrier oils.
The Chemistry of Carrier Oils
Developing an understanding of the chemistry of carrier oils supports your application of the therapeutic benefits of each individual carrier oil.
Skin Ecology: Lipids and the Skin
In this lesson, we will explore the anatomy and physiology of the skin and develop an rich understanding of the value of lipids for the skin.
Categorizing Carrier Oils
Throughout this module, you will learn how to categorize carrier oils according to the dominant fatty acid or fatty acids.
Formulating with Carrier Oils
Learn the Aromatic Studies method on formulating with carrier oils. Utilizing the concepts of Core and Enhancer, you will learn how to effectively utilize carrier oils to create powerful therapeutic formulations to utlize with or without essential oils.
For the love of bonuses!
- * How to make herbal oils
- * How to make carrot infused oil
- * How to make vanilla infused jojoba oil
- * Twenty of our all time favorite carrier oil formulations
- * Formulation worksheets
Who is this course for?
Everyone interested in deepening their knowledge and application of carrier oils to support healthy skin! This course is your doorway into using carrier oils for their powerful affects on the skin.
- Aromatherapy practitioners seeking to expand their knowledge on the benefits of the carrier oil palette
- Massage Therapists and Estheticians who would like to expand their applications of carrier oils in their practice.
- The Aromatherapy Entrepreneur who would like to expand their knowledge of carrier oils.
- Herbalists interested in integrating a wide range of body care products into their herbal practice and product offerings.
- Individuals interested in learning how to use the power of carrier oils to support the health of the skin.
What you will learn:
Upon successful completion of the Carrier Oil Palette course you will be able to:
- Define the term 'carrier oil' and describe the therapeutic benefits of lipids
- List and describe three methods of production for carrier oils
- List and describe the three types of fatty acids found in carrier oils
- List and describe the therapeutic relevance of minor components in carrier oils
- Discuss the value of understanding the ecology of the skin
- Categorize carrier oils according to their fatty acid composition
- Categorize carrier oils into core or enhancer
- Discuss when antioxidants are needed in carrier oil formulations
- Formulate a range of oil-based products with carrier oils
The Carrier Oil Palette Workshop includes:
- 5 Core modules devoted to Carrier Oils + Bonus module
- Lifetime access to course material
- Video presentations with Jade
- CE hours for Aromatherapists
Meet Your Instructor
Jade Shutes is an aromatherapist, herbalist, author, researcher, gardener, and aromatic distiller.
She holds a Diploma in Holistic Aromatherapy, Holistic Massage, Anatomy and Physiology, and Reflexology from the Raworth College of Natural Medicine in Dorking, UK, and a Diploma in Aromatherapy from the International Therapist Examining board (ITEC). She also holds a certificate in herbal medicine.
An aromatherapy practitioner, researcher, and educator for over three decades, Jade is passionate about aromatics and believes the sense of smell is one of the most powerful senses for healing the mind/body/psyche in this era of upheaval and change. She is considered to be a thought leader in the aromatherapy community and is highly respected for her balanced, progressive and inspiring education.
Jade is the founder of the School for Aromatic Studies. She is the past president for the National Association for Holistic Aromatherapy (2000-2003 and 2013-2015), author of “Aromatherapy for Bodyworkers”, co-author of “The Carrier Oil Palette”, and the main author of the "Ultimate Guide to Aromatherapy".
The required text book for this course is: The Carrier Oil Palette by Jade Shutes and Sherilyn Sigmund-Roach.
You can order the book here.
If you live outside of the United States and would like to avoid high shipping costs, the Carrier Oil Palette book is available as a PDF (both letter and A4 sizes).
Our book is also available on Amazon worldwide.