Interested in making your own botanical body care and skin products?
Learn to make plant-based balms, butters and salves for yourself, your family, your own skincare line, or your clients.
The Balms, Butters and Salves Online Certificate Program is an entry-level class and is open to everyone. No previous Aromatherapy training is required! Upon completion students of the Balms, Butters, and Salves course are primarily interested in:
- Developing a body care products line
- Enhancing their existing knowledge of botanical body care
- Creating aromatic butters, balms and salves for family, friends, and self
- Learning how to use an array of ingredients to make beautiful plant-based products
- Content creators and authors eager to develop and write for a larger specialize audience
- Enrolling in one of our advanced aromatherapy online certification courses.
Balms, Butters, Salves Online
Certificate Course Outline
• Getting Started
• Good Manufacturing Practices
• Supplies and Equipment
The Base Ingredients
• Vegetable Oils
• Herbal Oils
• Experiential work
Body Butters and Deodorants
• Body Butters
• How to Formulate Body Butters
• Natural Deodorants
• Steps to Make Soft Deodorant
• Experiential work
Body/Lip Balms and Lotion Bars
• Lip Balms
• Body Balms
• Lotion Bars
• Experiential work
• Formulations for Salves
• Experiential work
Resources for Butters, Balms, and Salves
• Resources, where to get the best supplies
• How to Complete this Course
• Experiential Paper
Who is this course for?
- Massage Therapists and Estheticians who would like to make their own oil based botanical products
- Individuals interested in formulating and making their own balms, butters and salves, for their family, friends and community
- The Aromatherapy Entrepreneur who would like to develop or expand their existing business
- Home-schooling parents who would love to learn about and create homemade body care products with their children
- Herbalists interested in integrating butters, balms and salves into their practice
- Bloggers, authors, and content creators who want to develop and write for media, books, and video
What you will learn:
Our Balms, Butters, and Salves online course has been designed to guide you step-by-step on how to make unique butters, balms and salves from a variety of botanical and all natural plant-based ingredients. This is the perfect course to begin blending your own aromatherapeutic and botanical skin care products. For those of you already making product, this course can be taken to expand existing product making techniques. And besides all that, it is loads of fun and your skin will love you!
What you will be able to do:
In this course you will learn how to make:
- Body butters
- Whipped butters
- Lotion bars
- Lip Balms
- Body balms
- Massage butters
- Solid natural deodorants
You will be guided throughout your process with hands on learning activities using recipes and ideas provided throughout the online program. You will be empowered with the knowledge of formulation guidelines to make your own unique butters, balms and salves with a variety of vegetable and herbal oils as well as butters.
Upon completion of this program you will be able to create hand-made organic butters, balms and salves for yourself, family and friends or begin building your own natural skin care product line.
The Butters, Balms and Salves program has been designed as a self-paced program. Once you register for the course you will have lifetime access to all training material and video content, including all updates that are made to the program!
This online course is self-paced. Begin as soon as you sign up!
Watch the videos and read the lessons on any device, at your own pace and convenience.
Our Online Balms, Butters and Salves Certification Program comes with:
- 5 Core Modules devoted to botanical balms, butters, and salves.
- Clear instructions on how to make salves, butters and balms.
- Five video tutorials to support your learning!
- Data sheets on 23 vegetable oils, 12 herbal oils, and 8 natural butters.
- Experiential product making exercises
- Products covered: Lip balms, Body balms, Salves, Body butter, Natural Deodorant, Massage butter, and much more!
- Lifetime Access to Course Material, Audio and Video Content
- Certificate for 14 hours of aromatherapy education and 7 CE hours for massage therapists.
PLEASE NOTE: Course does not come with supplies. You will need to order this separately. The list of necessary supplies is posted on the course instructions inside the course. You are NOT required to have every vegetable oil, herbal oil, or butter. Purchase supplies based upon the material you would like to work with.
Meet Your Balms, Butters and Salves Instructor
Jade Shutes is an aromatherapist, herbalist, author, researcher, gardener, and aromatic distiller.
She holds a Diploma in Holistic Aromatherapy, Holistic Massage, Anatomy and Physiology, and Reflexology from the Raworth College of Natural Medicine in Dorking, UK, and a Diploma in Aromatherapy from the International Therapist Examining Board (ITEC). She also holds a certificate in herbal medicine.
An aromatherapy practitioner, researcher, and educator for over three decades, Jade is passionate about aromatics and believes the sense of smell is one of the most powerful senses for healing the mind/body/psyche in this era of upheaval and change. She is considered a thought leader in the aromatherapy community and is highly respected for her balanced, progressive, and inspiring education.
Jade is the founder and visionary of the School for Aromatic Studies. She is the past president for the National Association for Holistic Aromatherapy (2000-2003 and 2013-2015), author of “Aromatherapy for Bodyworkers”, co-author of “The Carrier Oil Palette”, and the main author of the “Ultimate Guide to Aromatherapy.
I have learned step by step how to make natural and organic skincare products and started using a lot of new and amazing ingredients. I have deepened my knowledge about essential oils, vegetable oils, herbal oils and how to use it to support and enhance the skin health. All this knowledge has been extremely valuable to my life, family and my business.