Confused about the validity and safety of internal use of essential oils?
Interested in more in-depth clinical aromatherapy education?
Advance your skills and knowledge of the medicinal benefits and applications of essential oils and hydrosols with the Aromatic Medicine Certificate Course.
Aromatic Medicine Certificate Course
Aromatic Medicine - A New Generation
Explorations into a new generation of aromatherapy. Reframing French Aromatherapy Health and 21st Century Wellness, Introduction to Western Energetics, Essential Oils and the 6 Tissue States, Essential Oil Therapeutics including mechanisms of action (e.g. Antispasmodic activity and calcium channels)
The Essential Oils
Cultivating our relationship with essential oils.
Essential oils: Anise (Pimpinella anisum), Bergamot (Citrus bergamia), Black pepper (Piper nigrum), Carrot Seed (Daucus carota), Cinnamon (Cinnamomum zeylanicum), Coriander (Coriandrum sativum), Clary sage (Salvia sclarea), Cypress (Cupressus sempervirens), Eucalyptus globulus, Fennel, Sweet (Foeniculum vulgare var. dulce), Geranium (Pelargonium x asperum), Ginger (Zingiber officinale), Inula (Inula graveolens), Lavender (Lavandula angustifolia), Lemon (Citrus limon), Sweet Marjoram (Origanum marjorana), Melissa (Melissa officinalis), Green Myrtle (Myrtus communis), Niaouli (Melaleuca quinquinervia), Palmarosa (Cymbopogon martinii), Peppermint (Mentha x piperita), Petitgrain (Citrus aurantium var. amara), Scots Pine (Pinus sylvestris), Rosemary (Rosmarinus officinalis), Tea Tree (Melaleuca alternifolia), Thyme (Thymus vulgaris), Winter Savory (Satureja montana), Yarrow (Achillea millefolium)
Ecological Pharmacology, The Role of Chemistry in Aromatic Medicine, Overview of Aromatic Phytochemistry, Monoterpenes, Sesquiterpenes, Monoterpene Alcohols, Sesquiterpene Alcohols and Diterpene Alcohols, Aldehydes, Esters, Ketones, Phenols, Phenylpropanoids, Ethers, Oxides, Furanocoumarins / Sesquiterpene Lactones
Routes of Administration, Dosage and Safety
Overview of Methods of Application, Pharmacology and Aromatherapy, Cutaneous Route (dermal application), Dermal and General Safety, Oral Route (internal), Suppositories and Pessaries, Inhalation and Diffusion, Safety and Aromatic Medicine, includes: Methods of Application chart
Aromatic Medicine Making
Exploring Methods of Application for Aromatic Medicine, How to make Essential Oil Capsules, About Aromatic/Herbal Pastilles, How to make Aromatic/Herbal Pastilles, How to make Suppositories, How to make a Pessaries (Vaginal suppositories), How to make Cough Syrup, How to make Cough Drops
Distillation and Hydrosol Explorations
We will be heading over to my house to harvest and distill on a sunny day during the class. Let's pray for sun and warmth! Explorations of the role of hydrosols in aromatic medicine will be covered.
Synthesis and Formulation
The Formulation Framework, The Consultation, Selection Criteria and Formulation, Methods of Delivery/Application, The Practice of Aromatic Medicine
Applied Aromatic Medicine
Aromatic Medicine and Infectious Disease, Aromatic Medicine and the Skin, Aromatic Medicine and the Respiratory System, Aromatic Medicine and the Digestive System, Aromatic Medicine and the Reproductive System, Aromatic Medicine and the Urinary System, Aromatic Medicine and the Nervous System
Who is this course for?
- Individuals interested in deepening their knowledge of aromatic medicine.
- Aromatherapy practitioners seeking to expand their knowledge and application of essential oils.
- Herbalists interested in integrating aromatic medicine into their practice.
- Individuals working with multi-level marketing and other companies who recommend the use of essential oils internally or have products on the market such as herbal supplements.
*$500 non-refundable deposit available which automatically enrolls you into our payment plan.
All payments much be complete by the first day of class.
Includes 4 days of live training, all supplies used during class, anatomy and physiology course online, and printed course book. The Aromatic Medicine Kit can be purchased separately (coming soon).
What you will learn:
- Aromatic Medicine – Beyond French Aromatherapy
- Aromatic Medicine making – how to make a variety of aromatic medicine preparations
- Formulation Framework for Aromatic Medicine
- Consultation Framework for Practice
- Methods of Application: from dermal application to internal use - making aromatic medicine that's safe, effective
- Dosage framework for each method of application
- The importance of quality criteria for essential oils
- How chemical families of essential oil components support the therapeutic benefits of essential oils
- Aromatic Medicine Toolkit: How to use 28 essential oils within the Aromatic Medicine model
- How to make aromatic pastilles, essential oil capsules, vaginal or rectal suppositories, cough syrup, cough drops and much more.
- The therapeutic applications of hydrosols in clinical practice
- How to perform an aromatic medicine consultation
- Selection criteria for essential oils, hydrosols, and method of application for clinical formulation
- Aromatic medicine applied to systems of the body and common ailments of each system
- How to effectively and safely use essential oils internally
The Aromatic Medicine live class will be thoroughly experiential and yet filled with valuable information to inform your relationship with essential oils and the art and science of aromatic medicine formulation. You will be empowered with the knowledge of formulation guidelines to make your own aromatic medicine formulations, safely and effectively.